Swing 6, Week 3 and 4

by Adam

It’s been two weeks since I last updated this!  So let me try to recall what happened, and review!  I’ll be using photographs to trigger memories, so I’ll show them here as I go through.

Here’s my half desserts at lunch on Monday 3rd June.


On Saturday night before leaving work, I left my CO monitor on my desk.  On Monday morning, it was no longer there, someone had taken it.  On Wednesday, I requested another CO monitor from safety.  I went to a meeting in the morning, and since I wasn’t using the CO monitor, I put a chain through it and locked it to my desk.

After the meeting, I got back to my desk and Boon started rummaging through my papers, I asked him what he was looking for, and he said CO monitor.  So I turned to where I had locked my CO monitor, and it was gone!  Looked up, and this is exactly what I saw…


My CO monitor, chain, and lock, around Brian’s neck!  Champion!

After lunch on Wednesday, we saw that it was snowing again (foam).



On Wednesday evening, I attended Boon’s “body blast” session, but left early to have a shower, then go to dinner, then to bible study.  After bible study, dropped by the pool room, where many of the Queenslanders were watching state of origin rugby.



I didn’t stay for long, so walked back to my room.  On my way back, I walked past some TV rooms and saw a Chinese man watching TV by himself.


On Thursday, I steelcapped Ray’s head with a spoon while he ate watermelon.


That’s not my hand.

After lunch, on the way back to work, I saw the safety guys hiding behind a bush policing traffic again.


At site, I saw that the light cover had melted off.  The area was barricaded because the slidegate guard cover was removed.  The heat from the slidegate melted the cover.  We had it disconnected and removed.20130606_145331

Then at night, had burger (Thursday night!)


On Friday, had the first walkdown in line 2.  It was interesting walking through there, it felt like going back in time, as if seeing line 1 in construction.  Line 2 is just like Line 1, replicated.


Everyone ready to walk-down!


Then had lunch.


With Dan.


On Saturday morning, we had another walkdown for a different system.  Walking through the workshop, we got to see the slag haul truck up close.


When we had to cross the slag haul road, we had to wait for a slag haul truck to pass.  So took a few photos.




It was Saturday, so… icecream at lunch!


Saturday also means Ray working super hard and finishing late.


In the afternoon, I was given the task of transferring a pressure controller from line 2 as the one in line 1 was broken and there was no spare!  Though I had the signed off papers, I still felt like a thief, removing the installed pressure controller and bringing it over to line 1!


Alliance-cat was around.


I like to poke it’s face.

Boon is a thirsty man.  He needs to hydrate every single muscle.


On Saturday night, I had the task of… finding someone and asking him to go to site, as he was needed!…

And then it was SUNDAY (9th June).  Photography outing!  I went with Paul, Constantine and Delon to Malabou beach hotel.  Most of my photographs were taken with my XPan and MP, so no photographs to show until I get them developed in Perth.  I took a few photos with my phone.


They were keen nature photographers, photographing birds and spiders.

We then had lunch at the hotel.


I had a horse burger.  Hamburger cheval!   It’s not really horse – just a burger with an egg on top which you put inside the burger after being served, leaving the top bun oily!


After lunch, we walked around and took more photographs.  Out of interest, I recorded some of the bird calls and played them back and the birds were responding to it.  Tried it a few times, but hopefully not enough to destroy them.

We walked along the beach.


Over a shaky wooden bridge over water.



Through some bush, and then arrived at another beach I have been to before!


There were signs that Orientals had been at the beach.  Their temporary writing now permanently frozen in my image.


Then we made our way back, having a few stops along the away to take photographs of giant spiders on power lines.

NEXT.  Swing 6 – Week 4!

On Monday evening, on the way back to my room, I dropped by the gym and saw everyone working hard inside.


Got back to my room, changed and then went to the gym as well Smile

On Tuesday morning, safety officers were breath testing us as we boarded the bus!


Going to lunch, this man was picking his nose infront of me.


After lunch, I went to stick some safety signs up.  I saw that the HMFD stack in line 2 was lifted in place!


I took some photos then heard some shouting.  My name was being called from far far away.  Can you see him in yellow? haha…


This is Boon’s office with a cool sign.


I was told that there is evidence of people still urinating on the columns at site (smell and puddles), so I made some signs…


On Tuesday, I went to the gym, then straight to dinner, then straight to French class.  I was the only student, so it was like 1-1 tuition! yay.

On Wednesday, I joined Boon’s body blast session, then went to bible study.

On Thursday, I had a burger, and skipped the gym!

I was tested for cannabis and alcohol on Friday, but, I am ok.


On Saturday night, after work, and after gym and dinner, I joined a few others LAN gaming!  We played Open Arena, DOTA, Tower Defence, and Counter-Strike.  Finished after midnight (even though my eyes were burning, it was raining heavily so we couldn’t leaveSmile)


Then I got back to my room, took some photographs of myself.  This is me, after 35 days of not shaving.



Using the scissors I borrowed from the office, I began to trim.  Once it was short enough, I started shaving, while on Skype with Julie.  I tidied it up this morning (you can see that I didn’t get enough sleep).  A few others of us also having fun like this today.



So, today, Sunday.  We went to Malabou Beach for a massive cheers.  Farewell for Liam, Liam, Mitchell and Daniel.  The bus departed site at 8:30, and made it’s first stop at the supermarket.


Then I fell asleep and woke up just before arriving there.  The bus driver was very skilled in manoeuvring.  At first, we brought us to Malabou beach hotel, but Mitchell told him that we wanted to go to the beach next to the beach hotel.  We’ve been there before and I think even we were scared going over the steep slopes in the car.  The bus driver is pro.

We had a brie.  Most of the photos taken with XPan so I’ll show you in a few weeks once they are ready.  Here’s some photos with my phone.






Good time.  The bus brought us back, I slept most of the way.  Woke up to smell vomit.  Daniel had vomited in the bus…