R&R 5

by Adam

Perth, Perth, Tokyo, Seoul, and then, Perth.

This was in the lift when leaving Salon Hibiscus.


I had a exit row seat from Noumea to Sydney.



Then spent a few hours at Qantas club in Sydney, eating biscuits.





Then went to board the plane at Sydney to go to Perth.

20130511_171100I landed in Perth on Saturday night at 8:30pm.

I shaved my moustache off on Sunday morning.  This is it before.


On Sunday, went to church, then in the afternoon, visited Steve and Wendi (congratulations!).  On the way home, wandered through some car yards.  It was nice being able to browse without being pestered by a salesman.


On Monday, had roast pork and roast duck in Northbridge.


and walked around Perth, having my safety glasses exchanged, and dropping off a roll of film.


We walked towards Kings Park, but then it started looking cloudy, as if it was going to rain, so stopped by Grilled at Brookfield place for some chips.


Then at the cafe on William street for a drink.



On Wednesday, I met with Andre for lunch.  I had Sundubujigae.


After that, I dropped by the Perth office to visit everyone who was there.


Then went to meet with Julie and then we walked towards the car auctions.  On the way, stopped by a dealership to have a look.  There was a nice Kia Rio.


It was interesting at the car auction, many cars on display, but none that we were really keen on, so left before the auction started.  Went to have some pho!


On Thursday, my sister, nephew and niece came over.  Had some fun with them.


On Friday, I went to the dentist for a checkup in the morning, everything was fine, except that I needed to book a scale and clean for my next visit.  After that, I had breakfast at home, and then walked to Galleria Toyota as they were having a big sale.  The salesman was too pushy.  Visited two other dealerships after, and the salesmen were a lot nicer.  Less pushy and more helpful.  Then I went to Hungry Jacks for an Aussie burger.  It wasn’t great.  The patty was dry, the bread was flat, and it all fell apart.


Then had some gooey caramel cake at Coffee Club.


At night, met up with my friends at Grilled.  Had a burger “kung fu fighter” which was really nice.


Followed by a blackforrest icecream at coco black.




On Saturday afternoon, I went for a haircut.  I told the lady “4 all over” and she had to confirm a few times “Are you sure? that’s short”. It was a nice change.  No need to comb, dry, save on shampoo Smile.  Here’s a before and after.



Then pizza for dinner.


Went to the airport.  Drank camomile tea.  Got in the plane and slept.20130518_230525

Supposed to board at 11:35pm, but there was an announcement that “due to the very fast flight time, boarding will be at 11:50pm”.  I boarded, got in the plane and slept.  The plane landed late, at 6:20am.  As I had an international connection at 7:30am, boarding time 6:45am, I rushed to the transfer, was the first on the freezing bus, and waited for the bus to bring me to the international terminal.  Before boarding the bus, I saw the departures board said “GO TO GATE”.  I was stressing.

Got to the international terminal and rushed to immigration only to be confronted by a queue.  Fortunately I was provided with a departure card before leaving Perth, which I filled at the lounge before departing.  After getting through immigration, I went through security, so I had to line up for a full body scan, and then a explosives swab test.  By then I was really rushing.  I told the guy that I had to get the flight, and he said “this won’t take long”.  Good thing I had nothing to claim from duty free this time, and I walked quickly / semi jogged to the gate.  Got into the plane relieved… and waited…

Slept on the plane, woke up and ate, and slept again, then the plane landed in Noumea, and it was raining.  I was the second through immigration and my luggage was fifth on the conveyor (so quick compared to all previous times where I had to wait until the end).  I got through customs quickly, showed them my food and they were fine with it.  Went outside and saw the bus-lady and other people catching the bus.  Also met a manager whose wife and toddler daughter was sitting infront of me from Perth to Sydney and Sydney to Noumea!  I didn’t realise it was his wife and daughter!  His wife remembered me, because while I was sleeping, I was awoken by a plastic cup thrown into my lap by her daughter.  Fortunately I handed it back with a smile rather than being an angryman.

The bus stopped at the hotel to pick up people, but we had to wait almost an hour for the people to come, since we were ahead of schedule.  We finally arrived back at site around 3:30pm, I got to my room, unpacked, and showered.  I talked to Paul on Skype and he told me that there was a LAN happening.  So I brought my laptop along and tried to join in.  Had some trouble getting Frozen Throne working so ended up playing a few rounds of Counter-strike before going to dinner.

After dinner, came back to my room and prepared for bed.