The Third Swing Begins!

by Adam

I had pizza for dinner. Was dropped off at the airport at 10pm, when going to line up, I saw Ray and Vera at the line as Ray’s sister was going away. This is another Ray Tan! It was good to see them again before I left.
Perhaps I am impatient, but there are always some people who hold up the queue at the security checks, by taking their laptop out when they have reached the front of the line, or deciding to unpack everything.
Fortunately, security let us jump infront of these slow people!

After going through security, I called Luke and we went up to the Qantas club for a seat and drink. Luke’s going to Calgary for two years, and we were on the same flight ot Sydney!
On the flight from Perth to Sydney, I managed to get about 2 hours of sleep. When in Sydney, I went into the lounge for shower and breakfast, but unfortunately, Luke could not check in yet, because his layover time was 5 hours (and could only check in 3 hours before), while my layover was only 2 hours.
On the flight from Sydney to Noumea, I slept for another 2 hours.

Everytime I go through the airport, it’s different.
The first time, it was a very direct walk: off the plane, onto the tarmac, across to immigration which was just one guy at a booth.
The second time, it was the same direct walk, but this time there were a few shiny looking booths with uniformed officers.
The third time, this time, we got off the plane, onto an aerobridge and then a windy walk through the whole airport, only to end up at the same immigration area again.

The thing that has remained the same though, it the time it takes for our bags to come out. I think that extra windy scenic route is to make the airport seem huge, and to buy time so that we aren’t waiting for our bags too long… but we still wait! Maybe I’ve been spoilt by other airports, or again, my impatience!

After I collected my suitcase and guitar, and was walking, I was stopped by customs. My bags were x-rayed and I had to open up my suitcase, bag and guitar case, and we went through everything! I was even asked if I had a receipt for my guitar, but I didn’t because I bought it 12 years ago!

When I finally got out, I could not find the bus or bus driver at the meeting point. I looked around and then saw the bus driver which I recognised from site.
She asked for my name and said that my name was not on the list.
Fortunately, after giving her my badge, realised that my name was on the list, and there was another Adam on the bus whose name was not on the list, but she had marked off as me.
The bus ride took longer this time, the driver was not crazy and the bus speed was limited to 100 km/h rather than 160 km/h. It was nice to hear familiar songs on the bus, as a Don Moen and a Hillsong CD were playing!

This time, no complication with my room. Came to my room and it looked just the way I left it, unoccupied!
I’ve only had time to unpack and move my things out of the locked cupboards.

I installed Windows 8, so I haven’t installed Writer yet, so I’m posting this from the web-based writer. Downloading Writer now, it’s going very slowly.

Time to go to dinner now.